Monday, July 27, 2009

Thanks

Leo will be admitted on Thursday to start his TBI and undergo his transplant. We had an enjoyable weekend with family and friends just hanging out and having fun. It's times like this when you see how the people in your life are there with you every step of the way that you realize how lucky you are to have them. Without their support, I cannot imagine how much more difficult all of this would have been for both Leo and I. So if I haven't said it enough, THANK YOU everyone for what you do for us!

A special thank you to Amabel for coordinating the drive at Forest Glen Preserve this weekend. What a wonderful turnout! 32 new donors on the registry! That's awesome! I am so grateful that our paths have crossed as you have been such a blessing in our lives! Thanks to everyone that turned out for that!

As for our schedule this week, Leo is at U of C today and is starting some pre-meds for his procedures later this week. He's definitely going in on Thursday, so I will be sure to keep everyone posted on what's going on. Take care!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bernadette, Leo, and Kids!

    I just want to wish you and your family all the best! I hope you find strength during this time. Although I have never met you in person, I can tell that you are a very loving and supportive family. May God bless you during this challenging time.

    Glenn

    ReplyDelete