Monday, October 12, 2009

4.1 !!!!!!

You read right! Leo was at U of C today for his regular appointment and transfusion and his WBC is up to 4.1!!! The nurses are doctors were all so surprised! This is the good news that we've wanted and needed for so long! Originally, the doctors said around 23-30 days is the magic time for the WBC count to start to go up, so when Leo had hit the 60 day mark and there was not yet any improvement, the outlook wasn't looking good. Now that he's past the 70 day mark, I don't think a jump in his WBC was really what everyone was expecting, but here it is! Science is definitely powerful, but I'm telling you, there's something beyond that. Just the comfort of Leo being home has helped him to heal and recover better and we couldn't be more excited about this development! Let's hope this is the start of a whole lot of good news!

I also want to send another thank you to everyone that participated in the Light the Night walk in support of team Hope4Leo! Thank you to everyone that walked with the team yesterday-it was cold, but so worth it! It was so much fun and I will certainly lead another Hope4Leo team next year! A HUGE thank you to everyone that donated funds to the team! This was the first year I joined the walk and through everyone's generosity, Hope4Leo was the third top fundraising team at the walk this year! Thank you all for your kindness-although you were not there with us in the 40 degree weather walking (brrrrrrrrrrrrr), we felt your support there as our teeth chattered the whole 2 miles! Leo is totally overwhelmed with everyone's kindness and sacrifice....I think the success of team Hope4Leo has contributed to Leo's recovery!

I hope to post even more
good news soon-it will be a great week! :)

1 comment:

  1. OH MY WORD!!!! I want to say that I am surprised by the number but I am not b/c God is so good. I will say it again, God has Leo in His loving hands. The news will only continue to get better, beyond your expectations. This definitely is an answer to all our prayers.
    lots of love and hugs,
    gigi

    ReplyDelete