Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's a go...

We just got a call at lunch today from U of C. Leo's dad has been cleared for donation and will begin his drug regimen tomorrow. The concern that the doctors had that was taking long was primarily because of the low platelets, but also because of the fear that his dad was exposed to the hepatitis virus, which I understand many Asians are. Luckily, he had no trace of hepatitis in his system and they believe he is safe to donate. So Leo will be admitted to U of C next week, Thursday (2/19) to have his pick line installed (hmmmm....don't know if that's the right word. Makes it sound like he's having a sound system installed.), which he ultimately will need for the transplant, but will be used to draw blood and administer the chemo as well. He will also start his intense radiation schedule next week. Twice a day for about 8 days (depending on how his body reacts to the treatments). At the end of the chemo sessions, they will do the transplant, so approximately 2/26, and then we wait...

That's the update I have for now. I know many people wanted to know what was going on, so I hope this helps. I guess for now, we'll just try to enjoy this upcoming Valentine's Day weekend before Leo is admitted next week. As I find out more, I will let you know. If we don't chat before the weekend, I hope you all have wonderful Valentine's Days with your loved ones!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys, Sorry I haven't been able to be around for the drives. My prayers and thoughts are with you though. God bless...

    ReplyDelete