Sunday, February 8, 2009

Wonderful Weekend

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekends. We were really lucky that we had such wonderful weather (it was in the 40's and 50's all weekend) and we celebrated Kadence's 5th birthday. It was pure chaos, but so much fun. It was great to have all our friends and family in one place (there were over 75 of us!) to celebrate. I want to thank everyone that attended and also thank you for your consideration in not bringing up the events of the past week to ruin the mood of the party. I have done my best to keep everyone updated so we wouldn't get a bunch of questions this weekend and it really seemed to help. I also got a lot of good feedback on this blog, which is great. I think it's wonderful also when you all leave comments, as I make sure that Leo reads them and he really appreciates the good wishes and prayers that everyone sends. If there's anything I'm forgetting to give details on, please let me know!

Special thank you's to Patrick, Arvin, Celeste and Rino for hanging out with us after the party last night. We had such a good time chatting, drinking (clearly I was doing most of the drinking, but Arvin came in a close second) and playing Sing Star till 5 am! I had such a blast and couldn't ask for better friends/family. Thanks guys!

Luckily, Leo's blood counts were stable as of last Friday, so he didn't need another transfusion. He goes to U of C tomorrow and hopefully will get the results of last week's test. We've already been informed that he will need a transfusion tomorrow, so it will be a long day in the city. I will be sure to post tomorrow on what happens. Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment