Monday, March 2, 2009

U of C Day 5 - Platelets

It was a pretty quiet day for Leo today. He only had one dose of chemo today, so he'll be able to take it easy before tomorrow. Tomorrow's dose will be the highest he's had since he started, so they have already warned us that it won't be such smoothsailing when he starts that. Mom and dad came to visit today, as well as Patrick, Nikcko and Celeste. Thanks so much to Patrick and Nikcko for the food from China Town that Leo was totally craving. We had a little platelet donation party this afternoon. Celeste, Patrick and Nikcko all donated platelets for Leo. The nurses were so glad to have had so many platelet donors. I wasn't able to donate because they only have 3 platelet machines. So I will go tomorrow instead. They did tell me that I have really high platelet counts (341,000), so now when I donate tomorrow and any other time in the future, they will be taking double units. So that's good. I really feel like I'm helping Leo out. That's about it for today. I think a few others are planning to stop by tonight. I will be going home to see the girls and will come back tomorrow. Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment